Arts & Attractions Program
- In 2004 the Tourist Development Council (TDC) partnered with the Alliance for the Arts and the Southwest Florida Community Foundation to provide financial assistance to not-for-profit art and attraction organizations and to dispel a perceived weakness in local arts venues versus competing destinations.
- The joint effort is to enhance visitors experience and encourage repeat visitations through promotions and disseminations of information regarding cultural offerings in the destination.
- The TDC funding share awarded to arts and attractions entities is allocated strictly for marketing and promotions.
TYPES OF FUNDING PROGRAMS
Two types of promotion will be offered:
- Marketing & Promotion Funding Awards â€“ All Tourist Development Council (TDC) funds will be allocated to this category. Only Lee County 501 (c) 3 agencies will be eligible.
- Basic Operating Grants â€“ These are contingent on funding provided by area minuicipalities. In the past, the City of Fort Myesr has generously provided unrestricted funds for the general administration, operations and programs of arts and attractions organizations located in Lee County. This grant can be allocated for capital improvement purchases.
The application cycle for the fiscal year 2015-2016 will open sometime in the Spring of 2015. For information please contact the SWFL Community Foundation http://www.floridacommunity.com/